Thursday, July 7, 2011

Birthday Ideas and Planning


I heart birthdays. I heart birthday party planning. I heart stealing ideas from Etsy and making them myself. I heart ordering things from Etsy when I run out of time or someone else can create something I can't.

I love finding new birthday party themes. Brynn's is coming up in September and we are already planning. I asked her if she wanted a princess party or a cupcake themed party. She went back and forth for awhile and finally settled on the princess theme because she saw this cute Tangled cake at the grocery store. Great. :) It's a go.

#5 will be Princess/Tangled themed...we'll have a little bit of both for the party.

Other themes I want to try and convince my children to have:

-Owl party
-Cupcake or Ice Cream
-Rainbow party
-Honey Bee
-Tea Party (complete with vintage tea cups)
-Rock/Guitar themed/music party
-Batman or Super Hero Party
-Spa Party (@ nail salon)
-Bow Tie Party or a Tie Party
-Monkey or a Safari party
-Hungry Caterpillar Party
-Dance/Ballerina Themed party
-Sweets or Candy party
- Lego-themed party
-Star Wars party
-Pirate party
-Pinaklicious or a Fancy Nancy-ish Party
-Pets Party (dog-themed)
-Circus?
-Pool party
-Monster
-Animal Print Party



Party themes we have used:

-Luau/Hawaiian
-Hello Kitty
-Elmo
-1st Birthday (Pink)--no real theme b/c she was sooo sick around that time

-Cars/Racecar
-Tractor/John Deere
-Camouflage

**Check out the next project I will be attempting for my sweet Bee's 5th birthday--favor bags...depending on how expensive they are. We will see. :) She will probably only invite 3-4 girls, so it could be doable. Tulle is not that expensive at all and making tulle skirts are super easy. I think I just need to figure out how to sew them onto the bag. Luckily, I have a sewing machine, which should help. :) Wish me luck! If I get good at them, you'll be the first to know.

1 comment: