Well, after making a practice bag, I have moved on to trying out the mini princess bags. They take awhile only because I am choosing to sew all of them by hand. I ordered the 6x5 sized bags (in various colors and packs of 4 for $2.99 each) and then went to JoAnn's and bought 3 different colors of tulle to start, along with 2 pieces of sequins. I wasn't going to buy it all if they turned out crappy. Although there is still work to be done on the Snow White one (need to sew down the top of the red sequins) and some trimming of tulle and string, I have finished two this week. Snow White has one more "row" of tulle than the Belle one does, but I chose to do it that way because I think 4 layers is too "poofy."
I think they look pretty cute. I have Cinderella, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine left to make for sure and if I have time, Tiana and Rapunzel. Brynn is loving each one I make and claims each one is hers. I told her to wait until I finish all of them to decide who gets what. They will be used as the favor bags for the girls and then I will stick a princess-inspired bow inside along with a wand and a couple other things I have picked up all summer in the dollar aisles.
The boys' favors are coming...soon. I found a cute idea online, so I am going to attempt to make one this weekend. We'll see how it turns out.
No comments:
Post a Comment