Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hawaiian Invites

This is one version of the Hawaiian bday party invites I've been making for Brynn's 4th bday. I have another version that looks similar, except the middle of the flower has a rhinestone instead of a brad. I think both look cute, and they were cheaper than a set of 8 at the party store. This is the first time I've made invites myself. The first year, I didn't send any out. The second year, I ordered them from apple.com. The third year, we bought Hello Kitty ones from the store, and this year, I did purchase some cute flip flop ones from the party store, but after searching online for awhile, I finally found one I could make and had all of the materials (w/ the exception of the Hawaiian paper) on hand. Luckily, at JoAnn's this week, paper was 5 for $1. SCORE! While I have enjoyed putting them together, I am sure I could figure out a way to make them even cuter, but I keep telling myself that people throw them away. Thus, this will be fine. Brynn has been looking at them and her eyes just light up. She is so excited for her party in about a month. it's hard to believe this little girl is almost 4.

2 comments: