


So I started working on a new project tonight: sewing some cute burpcloths. I have tried a few different methods and think I have a couple down. The first attempt is the dinosaur cloth. It has some quilting I added underneath. I didn't think ahead and this one has several sewing errors on it, and after several emotional outbursts and me wanting to throw my sewing machine out the window, Dj convinced me that even though I think I should be a "pro" at everything the first time I try it (or in this case, picking it back up after 11 years), I watch the DVD and re-thread the machine until it worked. Well, I watched it and then he ended up coming in and helping me figure out what the problem was. Thank God for his patience when I have ZERO. Anyway, Brynn wanted me to make one for her baby Addie, so I took a burp cloth that had several errors and oopsies and just took a block of fabric and sewed it all the way across the b.c. That one turned out pretty well. I ended up pinning it all the way across and the thread lines look much straighter. My third attempt I think turned out nicely...I decided it was nice enough to give as a gift...I'll be waiting feedback from her if it stayed together or fell apart after one wash. I think the fabric on it was simply adorable and definitely modern and chic. Now I am toying with the idea of sewing the quilting underneath of the fabric/between the b.c. I think it would give it a more of a durable feel. I'll mess with that the next crafting session.
Here's to many more successful attempts and I'm hopeful that when new babies arrive within the next two months, that they'll be received more burp cloths from me!!!
:)
On another note, if you are interested in getting some of my "practice" cloths to use, message me on here and I'll send them your way to use with your baby. After all, a burp cloth's a burp cloth and even if there are some sewing issues, the thing visually looks pretty good from the front...:)
LOVE mine
ReplyDelete