Monday, October 26, 2009

Goin' Green on Halloween

Baylen's teacher asked us to try and Go Green if we could when thinking of treats to bring in for his party on Thursday. Thanks to Target, I put together a little package filled with bubbles. Really, though, I just wanted to try my new embossing tool/heat gun and my stamps. I would say for my first time trying it, it was quite messy and some of them ended up having "powder" in other places it should not be. Overall, it turned out fine. I am going to try the non-glittery embossing powder and maybe that will work better? The glitter shit was everywhere. I used a spoon to sprinkle it onto the stamped image (I used clear Versa Mark ink) and then shook off excess glitter powder back into the container.
That was not fun to clean up...who has tips for a mess-free embossing? And how long do you hold the gun over the powder? I just held it over until it kinda changed color/consistency...Does it take a lot of practice to get it right? What am I missing? Hmmm





1 comment: