Sunday, September 6, 2009

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish


Dr. Seuss baby shower coming up in October. I'm part of the hosting and came up with this design working off of a hat Brynn had brought home from daycare last year. I think they are going to turn out super cute. :) I am almost done with all of them and will be putting them in the mail this week sometime. I couldn't find the right size of envelope so they are going to be sent in a bigger envelope, but that is okay I think. When you flip the invite over, it has all the info printed on there. Dj helped me with that part to make sure we used as little paper as possible. I then traced all the hat shapes and cut them out. Then took red cardstock paper and trace the hat again and drew out the "stripes" and cut them out and glued them on the front of the hat. I then used black stickers for the "oh baby" part. I do need to spend a little time trimming some of the edges on some of the hats to ensure perfection or near it before sending them out haha.

The pic you're seeing above is the "sample let's see how this will work invite" and I feel like the real invites are much nicer than this one in appearance.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! :) Can't wait for the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's pretty cute!!

    Who's shower is it for? A Theta based on Megs response? I hear you might be back for Nikki's?? but I'm on my no traveling road block :(

    ReplyDelete